The term “mycotoxin” identifies a family of toxic secondary metabolites produced by moulds. Hundreds of mycotoxins currently exist in nature, however only a select few are relevant to the agro-food industry: aflatoxins, deoxynivalenol, fumonisins, ochratoxin, T-2 and HT-2 toxins and zearalenone. Recent studies calculate that mycotoxins affect more than 25% of world’s food, and the issue this contaminants cause is extremely important for livestock as well. Animals consuming feed contaminated with mycotoxins not only suffer, but, begin a domino-effect creating significant economic losses within the whole livestock industry. These compounds have reportedly been associated with various human and animal diseases and they are a well-established threat for grains and other cultivations.
Mycotoxins are relevant not only in grains, coffee, cocoa, wine and spices, but are also a concern for the dairy industry, in particular for the presence of aflatoxin M1. Furthermore, new toxins and isoforms known as masked mycotoxins have been discovered in recent years and are a growing concern..
Eurofins Tecna mycotoxin kits
Eurofins Technologies through its subsidiary Tecna provides four different product lines for the reliable and effective mycotoxins analysis in cereals, feed, wine, coffee, spices as well as its international-renowned ELISA kits for aflatoxin M1 in milk and dairy products.
Key benefits of different mycotoxins screening tools
• B ZERO®: ELISA test kits for low analytical volumes, no calibration curve; results in less than 20 min
• Celer®: fast ELISA test kits for rapid screening
• I’Screen: accurate, precise, high sensitive ELISA test kits with low detection limits
• SENSISpec: sensitive ELISA method for a wide range of matrices
• Smart strip: results in 10 min, no lab expenses
• Aflatoxin M1
• Aflatoxins B and G
• Aflatoxin Total
• Ochratoxin A
• T-2 and HT-2 toxins
Eurofins Techologies immunoaffinity columns
An extensive portfolio of mycotoxin immunoaffinity columns is available for the majority of regulated mycotoxins. The SENSIColumn IACs are simple and reliable sample purification solutions.
Key benefits of the IACs
• Excellent flow behaviour
• Highly specific purification with monoclonal antibodies
• Availability of specific columns and “combi” columns for mycotoxin groups
• Wide range of application for various matrices
• Multi-analyte IACs for LC-MS/MS application
• Long shelf life
• Fast (15 to 30 min)
Register and order our mycotoxin kits online!
Items 1-8 of 75