The detection of harmful food pathogens in raw and processed foods with the help of fast and sensitive technologies throughout the entire production chain is essential in order to protect the consumer against possible health consequences. As a reliable and particularly sensitive method, real-time PCR is an important method in modern food analysis and delivers substantially faster results than the classical detection methods.
ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay) assays continue to play an important role in food pathogen detection. ELISA kits are characterized by their fast turnaround time, ease of use, and relatively small footprint in the laboratory.
Eurofins GeneScan Technologies kits
The Eurofins Technologies' kits for the detection of pathogens in food offer fast results and, as a result of its flexible design, they are well suited for both high and low volume laboratories.
The majority of our BACGene real-time PCR and BACSpec ELISA kits are certified by internationally recognized organizations such as AFNOR and AOAC. Besides single real-time PCR detection kits, a BACGene multiplex kit for a fast and efficient parallel detection of both Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria spp. is available.
The PREraser BACGene, developed by Eurofins GeneScan, eliminates free DNA from samples and thereby reduces the number of unconfirmed positive PCR results without having a negative effect on living pathogens. It is an optional step after enrichment and prior to lysis, easy to integrate into the workflow of the BACGene real-time PCR kits.
Key benefits of BACGene PCR Kits
• Short analysis time
• Single enrichment step (with BHI subsampling for difficult matrices; e.g. cocoa-containing)
• Simple thermal lysis protocol
• Ready-to-use master mix
• Internal positive controls (IPC)
• Open platform
• Validated and certified for:
– Agilent AriaMxTM
– Bio-Rad CFX96 TouchTM
– Bio-Rad CFX96 TouchTM Deep Well
BACGene Kit Portfolio
• BACGene Salmonella spp.
• BACGene Salmonella Tranoroa
• BACGene Listeria monocytogenes
• BACGene Listeria spp.
• BACGene Listeria Multiplex (Listeria spp. & L. monocytogenes)
• BACGene E. coli STEC Solution:
– BACGene E. coli O157:H7
– BACGene Mplex STEC Screen
– BACGene Mplex STEC SEROtype1
– BACGene Mplex STEC SEROtype2
In addition to the real-time PCR and ELISA assays, we also offer a great variety of high quality culture media products in compliance with global standards.
Key benefits of the Culture Media products
• Easy-to-prepare media for pathogen screening
• High standards in quality and performance
• Compliant with a wide range of reference methods
• Different package sizes are available to suit the needs for both high and low volume laboratories