COVID-19 Testing Solutions
A comprehensive product portfolio is essential to support the tremendous efforts of health authorities working on SARS-CoV-2 detection and COVID-19 control globally. Eurofins Technologies teams have worked diligently in close collaboration with leading research hospitals and many of Eurofins human clinical testing laboratories around the world to develop a broad range of testing methods to support healthcare providers.
We offer multiple immunoassays for antibody detection to SARS-CoV-2 with very good sensitivity and specificity. Antibodies testing provide information about past exposure to SARS-CoV-2. It may provide information about statistically reduced contagion risks of and from these persons. Coronavirus antibody tests could help identify donors of plasma from recovered patients that can be transfused into COVID-19 patients as a potential treatment, and can be used for serosurveys to evaluate the percentage of the population exposed to the virus.
• Separate detection of IgG, IgA, and IgM antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 (NovaLisa®, VIROTECH, GSD ELISA Assays)
• A valuable tool to assess the immune response of the patient during and after the infection
• Simple workflow, fast results
• Ease of use on any open ELISA automation platform
• CE marking IVD. Submitted to the US FDA for Emergency Use Authorization
• Total antibody detection ELISA assay to detect all isotypes (IgG, IgM and IgA) in a single sample:
INgezim COVID 19 DR
Multiplex Real-Time PCR Assay
Direct pathogen detection via PCR is the method of choice to detect acute COVID-19 infections. PCR allows for detection a few days after infection as well as in subclinical / asymptomatic infections. The incubation period is in the median 5–6 days (and up to 14 days maximum). This is the time that passes between contact with the virus and the onset of first symptoms.
GSD NovaPrime® SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR is a Multiplex Real-Time PCR for the direct qualitative pathogen detection of the novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). Particularly in the early phase of a virus infection, the direct diagnostic of the pathogen is key.
• Simultaneous detection of two target sequences
• Approximately 1 hour turnaround time
• Sample processing time improved fourfold with 384 run format
• Reduced reaction volume
• Increased endpoint fluorescence and robustness of the assay
• Extraction/inhibition control included
• Increased volume of Positive Control
Sanger Fragment Length Analysis Kits
The GSD NovaPrime® SARS-CoV-2 Mplex FLA (Sanger) kit utilizes the well-established Fragment Length Analysis principle on Sanger sequencing instruments (e.g. ABI 3730xl). This kit enables the specific detection of two N-gene fragments (N1 & N2) of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and its multiplex reactions include a human housekeeping gene as an intrinsic control in RNA extracted from nasopharyngeal swabs. The assay provides sensitivity and time to results similar to qRT-PCR testing.
• Highly sensitive, fast and cost-effective high throughput kit for widely available Sanger sequencing equipment
• Enables each ABI 3730xl sequencer to process more than 2 000 samples per day
• Detects two highly specific N gene fragments of the SARS-CoV-2 viral genome
• High performance: limit of detection is 5 copies/reaction
• RUO version is already available, CE-IVD marking coming soon; the assay will be submitted to the US FDA for Emergency Use Authorization
Automated RNA Extraction
The GSD NovaPrime® IVD RNA Extraction AE1 and AE2 kits are an automated, magnetic bead extraction method for the isolation of high-quality RNA from clinical swab samples. The automated workflows have been optimized for an efficient and reliable process which ensures the removal of potential inhibitors from sample matrices. The kits are ideal for use with the GSD NovaPrime® SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR clinical IVD assay for virus detection.
Rapid Tests (Lateral Flow Devices)
The INgezim® COVID 19 CROM total antibody detection lateral flow devices, or rapid tests, determine past exposure to the virus in just 10 minutes. The serology-based, finger-prick tests are dual-recognition immunochromatographic assays that determine the presence of total antibodies (IgG, IgA, and IgM) specific to SARS-CoV-2 in a single blood, serum, or plasma sample, with high sensitivity and specificity (see details on product pages).
• Results in only 10 minutes
• Test kits include all materials required to perform the test (test strip, lancet, pipette and diluent)
• Finger-prick blood extraction
• CE-IVD marked
Register and order our COVID-19 testing kits online!
Visit this page to browse our environmental surface testing kits!