• Essential Cookies: Some cookies serve an essential function and the websites cannot work properly without them. Where such essential cookies are used, they cannot be disabled.
• Browser Cookies: Other cookies serve a functional purpose and improve the user experience of the websites. We use browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before, and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site so that you do not need to reset them each time you visit the website. Browser cookies cannot identify you as an individual. You can decline any Browser cookie through your browser, however, without Browser cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
Contact EUROFINS Technologies if you have questions about the cookies used on this Website or how to delete or block them.
The controller of your personal data collected through our website(s) is EUROFINS Technologies Hungary Kft with its seat at Fóti út 56. A. Building, 1047 Budapest, Hungary.
Please scroll down to the end of this Statement for further contact information.
Use of Personal Information
Visitors visiting our homepage may voluntarily register themselves and share personal data that can be used for identification. Accordingly, we handle your personal data based on your consent. By sharing these data voluntarily, Visitors approve that EUROFINS Technologies and its affiliates as the sole beneficiary, operator and maintainer of the homepage handle and process the data shared as below. Please make sure to keep your user name and password confidentially and avoid illicit access by third parties. EUROFINS Technologies shall always handle, process and forward the data and other pieces of information shared by Visitor as per the applicable regulations of Hungarian and EU laws, in line with them and as per the statements or positions of the Hungarian Data Protection Ombudsman, in order to meet the above objective of data handling, only to the necessary measure and time, in a fair manner.
Visitors shall share true to life data during their registration. EUROFINS Technologies reserves the right of deleting false, not true to life data and pieces of information/registration from its database. We do not assume liability for the contents of the data shared by Visitor and disclaims any responsibility for damages to third parties arising from false, not true to life data content. Your personal data are registered by the user name and password shared by you. Your registration is confirmed by an e-mail message sent to your e-mail address. Visitors may freely amend or delete their data from the database. Should you confront any technical or other issues in connection with this, your data can also be amended or deleted from the database by EUROFINS Technologies’ employees, on your request.
If you accepted the marketing purpose of data collection, it means we or our affiliates can send you newsletters, product/service-related documents and information on additional services. Should you not want to receive further messages or newsletters from us or our affiliates, please notify us at the contact address below so that we could delete you from the address list and advise our affiliates of your request.
Let us also advise you that, in order to compile statistics or records, we may periodically collect mass data other than personal ones in a way that they cannot be connected to individual ID’s. Let us further advise you that we receive automatically registered data about Visitors to its homepage: IP address, domain name, date of visit, browser used and data of pages visited. These data are considered personal data provided they are real and can be connected to the person. EUROFINS Technologies will only use the personal data thus created for analyses related to the homepage and for statistical records and will delete such data after processing.
Your rights, legal remedies regarding your personal data
- be informed of his/her personal data,
- erasure (“right to be forgotten”),
- restriction of processing,
- data portability and
If EUROFINS Technologies processes your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this has no effect on the legitimacy of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal.
In the scope of the above rights, you particularly have the right to:
a) request information about the handling of your personal data and b) request the amendment or deletion of your personal data; c) unsubscribe from the newsletter; d) request information from the data controller about the data handled by it or the data processed by a data processor contracted by the data controller, the purpose of data handling, its legality, duration, the name and address (headquarters) of the data processor and its activities in relation to data handling, further, about who and for what purposes has received or do receive such data. You may file a complaint against the use of your personal data if a) the use (sharing) of personal data exclusively serves the rights of the data controller or the entity to receive the data or if it is needed for the assertion their lawful rights, b) use or sharing of personal data serves purposes of directly soliciting business, conducting surveys, or scientific research; c) assertion of the right to complain is otherwise enshrined in acts of law.
Visitor also has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Hungarian supervisory authority:
Nemzeti Adatvédelmi és Információszabadság Hatóság
Address: 1125 Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/c.
Phone: +36 (1) 391-1400
Purpose of collecting Personal Data
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys, social media posts, remarketing promotions, and general promotions by EUROFINS Technologies or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications.
• Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications; Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments); Provide investor services; Verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here; Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment.
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Information
Your personal data might be transferred to any Eurofins affiliates (which can be found at https://www.eurofins.com/). We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you to third parties except as described below:
• to trusted businesses or persons to process your personal information for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations;
• to service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf;
• to companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Eurofins Foundation if we have a good reason to believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- execute and enforce contractual terms;
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Eurofins Foundation, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
• to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
• to third parties in the event we transfer all or a portion of our assets in case of cessation of activities.
Transferring personal data outside the European Union / Switzerland
Your personal data might be transferred outside the EU in case one of the recipients stated above is located outside the EU and only to countries for which:
• the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision (which guarantees that an adequate level of protection of personal data is offered in that country);
• you have given explicit consent;
• appropriate safeguards have been provided, such as binding corporate rules or standard data protection clauses.
How We Protect Your Information
At EUROFINS Technologies, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our sites. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other EUROFINS Technologies websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal data you provide on this site secure.
Your personal information will generally be stored in EUROFINS Technologies’ databases or databases maintained by our service providers. Some of these databases are stored on servers located outside of the EU (e.g. in the USA). EUROFINS Technologies have taken appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within EUROFINS Group.
EUROFINS Technologies maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information.
Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
How long your data will be kept
Your personal data will be stored for a limited period of time, determined with regards to the necessity to keep them in order to serve the purposes for which they have been collected and processed, as listed above.
Notification of Changes
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements or policies in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
EUROFINS Technologies strives to ensure that information maintained about its Website visitors is accurate, current and complete. You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you have any questions regarding this policy or if you wish to review, update or correct your personal information, please contact us through our Website and as below:
EUROFINS Technologies Hungary Kft
sEAT: Fóti út 56. A Building
1047 Budapest Hungary
Representative: Gábor Harmat-Szabó, Managing Director
Last updated: February 3, 2020