GSD NovaPrime® RNA Extraction AE2 kit (96 reactions)
The GSD NovaPrime® RNA Extraction AE2 kit is intended for automated extraction of genomic SARS-CoV-2 RNA from human respiratory (nasal wash/swab, nasopharyngeal wash/swab, oropharyngeal swab) specimen types, specifically validated for the use with the MGI MGISP-960 automation platform.
Ideal for use with our GSD NovaPrime® SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR clinical IVD assay for virus detection.
In order to detect virus particles in human swab samples from nasal or nasopharyngeal swab specimens, the virus itself as well as the respective RNA need to be isolated prior to subsequent real-time RT-PCR analysis by approved clinical analytical kits.
Eurofins Technologies’ GSD NovaPrime® RNA Extraction kits are an automated, magnetic bead extraction method for the isolation of high-quality RNA from clinical swabs. The automated workflows have been optimized for an efficient and reliable process which ensures the removal of potential inhibitors from sample matrices.
The GSD NovaPrime® RNA Extraction AE2 kits are intended for automated extraction of genomic SARS-CoV-2 RNA from human respiratory (nasal wash/swab, nasopharyngeal wash/ swab, oropharyngeal swab) specimen types. The test kits are validated for the use with the MGI MGISP-960 automation platforms.*
* Compatibility testing with several other open-platform extraction instruments is underway.
The kits have to be validated as required by local legislation for their intended use by authorized clinical testing laboratories.
A CE-IVD marked version of the kit will be released at a later stage.
GSD NovaPrime® RNA Extraction AE1 and AE2 kits isolate viral RNA using magnetic-bead extraction.
1. Lysis and inactivation of viral particles
2. Binding and purification of viral RNA
3. Elution of RNA from magnetic beads
|No. of reactions||96|
|Test principle||Magnetic bead extraction for the isolation of high-quality RNA from clinical swabs|
• 1x Magnetic Beads, 1.1 mL, store at 2 °C - 8 °C (Note: Do not freeze!).
• 1x Carrier Molecule, dissolved, 750 µL, store at 2 °C - 8 °C.
• 1x Proteinase K, dissolved, 520 µL, store at -20 °C.
• 1x Lysis buffer (LB), 12 mL, store at room temperature.
• 1x Wash buffer 1 (WB1), Wash buffer concentrate, 10 mL, store at room temperature.
• 1x Wash buffer 3 (WB3), Wash buffer concentrate, 8 mL, store at room temperature.
• 1x Elution buffer (EB), 6 mL, store at room temperature.
• 1x MGI MGISP-960 for automated RNA extraction (please contact MGI Tech. Co., Ltd for ordering information).